General Information About Iowa Wesleyan College
The mission of Iowa Wesleyan College is to prepare students to succeed in a changing global environment. Iowa Wesleyan is a four year liberal arts college providing quality individualized learning experiences that combine the development of the intellect with adaptive life skills. The college is affiliated with the United Methodist Church with which it shares a commitment to spiritual values, social justice and human welfare.
Institutional statistical data was gathered from the U.S. Department of Education - Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics, 2009-2010.
- 4-year, Private not-for-profit
Special Learning Opportunities
- Teacher certification
- Distance learning opportunities
- Study abroad
- Remedial services
- Academic/career counseling service
- Employment services for students
- Dual credit
- Credit for life experiences
- Advanced placement (AP) credits
- The acceptance of credits for work experience or military experience are subject to review by the school and cannot be guaranteed.
- United Methodist
- Eligible students may receive Pell Grants and other federal aid (e.g. Direct Loans).
- Bachelor's degree
- Town: Remote
Disability Services Student
- 3% or Less
Admission Total Applicants 1,267 Percent Admitted 68% Men Admitted 68% Women Admitted 69% Full Time Retention Rate 49%
Submitted ACT & SAT Scores
25th Percentile Score 75th Percentile Score Critical Reading 412 517 Math 425 520
25th Percentile Score 75th Percentile Score Composite 17 23 English 17 22 Math 16 21 Writing 0 0
Student Demographics Total Enrolled 969 Native American 4.0 Asian 5.0 African American 103.0 Hispanic 62.0 Enrolled FullTime Undergraduates 583 Enrolled FullTime Graduates 0