General Information About Maharishi University of Management
Maharishi University of Management was founded in 1971 by Maharishi Mahesh Yogi to fulfill the highest ideals of education. Foremost among these ideals is developing the full potential of consciousness in every student — to help students develop the ability to think and act in accord with the laws of nature and to live fulfilled and successful lives. This fulfills the long-sought goal of education: to produce fully developed individuals, citizens who can fulfill their own aspirations while promoting all good in society.
Institutional statistical data was gathered from the U.S. Department of Education - Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics, 2009-2010.
- 4-year, Private not-for-profit
Special Learning Opportunities
- Teacher certification
- Study abroad
- Academic/career counseling service
- Employment services for students
- Placement services for completers
- Dual credit
- The acceptance of credits for work experience or military experience are subject to review by the school and cannot be guaranteed.Advanced placement (AP) credits
- Not applicable
- Eligible students may receive Pell Grants and other federal aid (e.g. Direct Loans).
- 1-2 years certificate
- Bachelor's degree
- Postbaccalaureate certificate
- Master's degree
- Post-master's certificate
- Town: Remote
Disability Services Student
- 3% or Less
Admission Total Applicants 107 Percent Admitted 49% Men Admitted 48% Women Admitted 49% Full Time Retention Rate 60%
Student Demographics Total Enrolled 1,480 Native American 1 Asian 24 African American 34 Hispanic 26 Enrolled FullTime Undergraduates 300 Enrolled FullTime Graduates 437