General Information About Fort Scott Community College
Fort Scott Community College is an educational resource center suited to meet the needs of its students. The college fosters a caring community of learners preparing to assume responsibility in a diverse and technologically advancing society. Fort Scott Community College fulfills its mission through the following goals: Provide affordable academic, technical and occupational curricula to meet student needs. Provide lifelong learning opportunities to fulfill the cultural and educational desires of the community. Provide students professional guidance and services which support the educational process.
Institutional statistical data was gathered from the U.S. Department of Education - Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics, 2009-2010.
- 2-year, Public
Special Learning Opportunities
- Distance learning opportunities
- General Education Courses
- Career Services available upon completion
- Dual credit
- The acceptance of credits for work experience or military experience are subject to review by the school and cannot be guaranteed.Advanced placement (AP) credits
- Not applicable
- Eligible students may receive Pell Grants and other federal aid (e.g. Direct Loans).
- Less than 1 year certificate
- 1-2 years certificate
- Associate's degree
- Town: Remote
Disability Services Student
- 3% or Less
Admission Total Applicants Full Time Retention Rate 56%
Student Demographics Total Enrolled 3,203 Native American 48 Asian 10 African American 279 Hispanic 67 Enrolled FullTime Undergraduates 1,134 Enrolled FullTime Graduates