General Information About Washburn Institute of Technology
Kaw Area Technical School offers educational opportunities to high school, business/industry and adult students by providing quality technical training to meet individual and labor market needs.
Institutional statistical data was gathered from the U.S. Department of Education - Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics.
- 2-year, Public
Special Learning Opportunities
- Remedial services
- Academic/career counseling service
- Employment services for students
- Placement services for completers
- On-campus day care for students' children
- Institution does not accept dual, credit for life, or AP credits
- Not applicable
- Eligible students may receive Pell Grants and other federal aid (e.g. Direct Loans).
- Less than 1 year certificate
- 1-2 years certificate
- City: Midsize
Disability Services Student
- 3% or Less
Admission Total Applicants 1,057 Percent Admitted 68% Men Admitted 77% Women Admitted 58% Full Time Retention Rate 78%
Tuition & Fees 09-10 Tuition & Fees $0 Room & Board Charge $0 Books & Supplies Cost
Total Financial Aid Amounts Issued Pell Grants $391,166 Other Federal Grants $0 Scholarships & Fellowships $391,166 Discount Applied to Tuition/Fee $238,024 Average Grant Dollars Issued $0 Avg. Scholarship and Fellowships $195,583
Student Demographics Total Enrolled 962 Native American 21 Asian 12 African American 78 Hispanic 70 Enrolled FullTime Undergraduates 269 Enrolled FullTime Graduates