General Information About Centre College
Centre's mission is to enable students to be extraordinarily successful in lives of learning, leadership, and service. We provide personally tailored education that allows students to develop their abilities and interests to the fullest. The Centre Commitment underscores our dedication to empowering, choice-based education: All students who meet the College's academic and social expectations are guaranteed an internship, study abroad, and graduation in four years--or we provide up to a year of additional study tuition-free. Our nation-leading alumni support over the last 25 years enables us to provide the most affordable education of any U.S. News top-50 national liberal arts college
Institutional statistical data was gathered from the U.S. Department of Education - Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics, 2009-2010.
- 4-year, Private not-for-profit
Special Learning Opportunities
- ROTC (Army, Air Force)
- Teacher certification
- Study abroad
- Academic/career counseling service
- Employment services for students
- Placement services for completers
- Advanced placement (AP) credits
- The acceptance of credits for work experience or military experience are subject to review by the school and cannot be guaranteed.
- Presbyterian Church (USA)
- Eligible students may receive Pell Grants and other federal aid (e.g. Direct Loans).
- Bachelor's degree
- Town: Distant
Disability Services Student
- 3% or Less
Admission Total Applicants 2,056 Percent Admitted 69% Men Admitted 65% Women Admitted 73% Full Time Retention Rate 91%
Submitted ACT & SAT Scores
25th Percentile Score 75th Percentile Score Critical Reading 560 700 Math 570 670 Writing 550 680
25th Percentile Score 75th Percentile Score Composite 26 30 English 26 32 Math 25 29
Student Demographics Total Enrolled 1,208 Native American 2.0 Asian 26.0 African American 43.0 Hispanic 26.0 Enrolled FullTime Undergraduates 1,241 Enrolled FullTime Graduates 0