General Information About Pikeville College
Pikeville College is an independent institution affiliated with the Presbyterian Church (USA). Founded by Presbyterians in 1889, the College stands as an opportunity for quality higher education in the heart of Appalachia. Maintaining its commitment to Christian principles, the College recognizes the infinite worth of each person, respecting and accepting a variety of religious expressions.
Institutional statistical data was gathered from the U.S. Department of Education - Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics, 2009-2010.
- 4-year, Private not-for-profit
Special Learning Opportunities
- ROTC (Army)
- Teacher certification
- Study abroad
- General Education Courses
- Career Services available upon completion
- Dual credit
- The acceptance of credits for work experience or military experience are subject to review by the school and cannot be guaranteed.Advanced placement (AP) credits
- Presbyterian Church (USA)
- Eligible students may receive Pell Grants and other federal aid (e.g. Direct Loans).
- Associate's degree
- Bachelor's degree
- Town: Remote
Disability Services Student
- 3% or Less
Admission Total Applicants Full Time Retention Rate 52%
Student Demographics Total Enrolled 1,146 Native American 1 Asian 15 African American 59 Hispanic 14 Enrolled FullTime Undergraduates 930 Enrolled FullTime Graduates 303