General Information About Somerset Community College
# Academic, general education, and technical curricula leading to certificates, diplomas, and associate degrees; # A general academic curriculum of university-parallel courses and programs meeting requirements of the first two years of a baccalaureate degree; # Technical and occupational curricula designed to meet current and future workforce needs; # A comprehensive program of remedial and developmental education; # Customized training to meet the changing needs of business and industry; # Adult and continuing education; and, # Associated services including, but not limited to, library services, cultural and enrichment opportunities, information technology resources, and appropriate student support services.
Institutional statistical data was gathered from the U.S. Department of Education - Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics, 2009-2010.
- 2-year, Public
Special Learning Opportunities
- Distance learning opportunities
- General Education Courses
- Career Services available upon completion
- Dual credit
- Credit for life experiences
- Advanced placement (AP) credits
- The acceptance of credits for work experience or military experience are subject to review by the school and cannot be guaranteed.
- Not applicable
- Eligible students may receive Pell Grants and other federal aid (e.g. Direct Loans).
- Less than 1 year certificate
- 1-2 years certificate
- Associate's degree
Campus Setting Disability Services Student
- 3% or Less
Admission Total Applicants Full Time Retention Rate 62%
Student Demographics Total Enrolled 10,239 Native American 32.0 Asian 22.0 African American 78.0 Hispanic 52.0 Enrolled FullTime Undergraduates 4,497 Enrolled FullTime Graduates