General Information About The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary
Under the lordship of Jesus Christ, the mission of The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary is to be totally committed to the Bible as the Word of God, to the Great Commission as our mandate, and to be a servant of the churches of the Southern Baptist Convention by training, educating, and preparing ministers of the gospel for more faithful service.
Institutional statistical data was gathered from the U.S. Department of Education - Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics, 2009-2010.
- 4-year, Private not-for-profit
Special Learning Opportunities
- Teacher certification
- Distance learning opportunities
- Weekend/evening college
- General Education Courses
- Career Services available upon completion
- Institution does not accept dual, credit for life, or AP credits
- Southern Baptist
- Eligible students' federally guaranteed loans may be deferred while enrolled.
- Less than 1 year certificate
- Associate's degree
- 2-4 years certificate
- Bachelor's degree
- Master's degree
- Post-master's certificate
- City: Large
Disability Services Student
- 3% or Less
Admission Total Applicants 164 Percent Admitted 40% Men Admitted 43% Women Admitted 33% Full Time Retention Rate 72%
Student Demographics Total Enrolled 4,052 Native American 14 Asian 281 African American 117 Hispanic 58 Enrolled FullTime Undergraduates 350 Enrolled FullTime Graduates 1,509