General Information About Capital Area Technical College-Baton Rouge Campus
MISSION: The mission of Capital Area Technical College (formerly known as Louisiana Technical College) is to deliver instructional programs that provide skilled employees for business and industry that contribute to the overall economic development and workforce needs of the state. Capital Area Technical College provides individuals with quality and relevant learning opportunities consistent with identified student, business and industry needs within a life-long learning environment.
Institutional statistical data was gathered from the U.S. Department of Education - Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics, 2009-2010.
- 2-year, Public
Special Learning Opportunities
- Distance learning opportunities
- Remedial services
- Academic/career counseling service
- Employment services for students
- Placement services for completers
- On-campus day care for students' children
- Dual credit
- The acceptance of credits for work experience or military experience are subject to review by the school and cannot be guaranteed.Advanced placement (AP) credits
- Not applicable
- Eligible students may receive Pell Grants and other federal aid (e.g. Direct Loans).
- Less than 1 year certificate
- 1-2 years certificate
- Associate's degree
- City: Midsize
Disability Services Student
- 3% or Less
Admission Total Applicants Full Time Retention Rate 48%
Student Demographics Total Enrolled 3,060 Native American 11 Asian 36 African American 1,983 Hispanic 26 Enrolled FullTime Undergraduates 646 Enrolled FullTime Graduates