General Information About Louisiana Technical College-Ascension Campus
The Technical College System consists of eight regions throughout the State. The mission of this system is workforce development. Louisiana’s human and business resources demand an educated and technically competent workforce. The system provides relevant technical and academic education needed to assist individuals in making informed and meaningful occupational choices. Its purpose is to train, retrain, cross-train, and continually upgrade the state’s workforce to the end that individuals are employable at both entry and advanced levels. Its focus is employer friendly and economy driven to enhance personal development, increase economic opportunity, and contribute to the state, national, and international communities.
Institutional statistical data was gathered from the U.S. Department of Education - Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics, 2009-2010.
- 2-year, Public
Special Learning Opportunities
- Distance learning opportunities
- Weekend/evening college
- Remedial services
- Academic/career counseling service
- Placement services for completers
- Dual credit
- The acceptance of credits for work experience or military experience are subject to review by the school and cannot be guaranteed.Advanced placement (AP) credits
- Not applicable
- Eligible students may receive Pell Grants and other federal aid (e.g. Direct Loans).
- Less than 1 year certificate
- 1-2 years certificate
- Associate's degree
- 2-4 years certificate
- Suburb: Large
Disability Services Student
- 3% or Less
Admission Total Applicants Full Time Retention Rate 22%
Student Demographics Total Enrolled 532 Native American 2.0 Asian 1.0 African American 157.0 Hispanic 8.0 Enrolled FullTime Undergraduates 172 Enrolled FullTime Graduates 0