General Information About Maine Maritime Academy
The mission of Maine Maritime Academy is to provide a quality education primarily focused on marine related programs. The curriculum will empower students to take on leadership roles, encourage rigorous self-discipline, promote curiousity, and provide graduates with the skills and knowledge needed to succeed in the global economy.
Institutional statistical data was gathered from the U.S. Department of Education - Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics, 2009-2010.
- 4-year, Public
Special Learning Opportunities
- ROTC (Navy)
- Teacher certification
- Study abroad
- General Education Courses
- Career Services available upon completion
- Dual credit
- Credit for life experiences
- Advanced placement (AP) credits
- The acceptance of credits for work experience or military experience are subject to review by the school and cannot be guaranteed.
- Not applicable
- Eligible students may receive Pell Grants and other federal aid (e.g. Direct Loans).
- Associate's degree
- Bachelor's degree
- Master's degree
- Rural: Distant
Disability Services Student
- 3% or Less
Admission Total Applicants 871 Percent Admitted 62% Men Admitted 63% Women Admitted 61% Full Time Retention Rate 79%
Submitted ACT & SAT Scores
25th Percentile Score 75th Percentile Score Critical Reading 450 560 Math 480 570 Writing 430 550
25th Percentile Score 75th Percentile Score Composite 18 25 English 15 22 Math 17 25
Student Demographics Total Enrolled 914 Native American 3 Asian 3 African American 0 Hispanic 9 Enrolled FullTime Undergraduates 921 Enrolled FullTime Graduates 16