General Information About Prince George's Community College
Prince George's Community College offers opportunities for individuals to realize their potential in a challenging, learning-centered environment. The college provides cost-effective, high-quality programs and services that respond to student and community needs.
Institutional statistical data was gathered from the U.S. Department of Education - Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics, 2009-2010.
- 2-year, Public
Special Learning Opportunities
- Teacher certification
- Distance learning opportunities
- Weekend/evening college
- Remedial services
- Academic/career counseling service
- Employment services for students
- Placement services for completers
- On-campus day care for students' children
- Dual credit
- Credit for life experiences
- Advanced placement (AP) credits
- The acceptance of credits for work experience or military experience are subject to review by the school and cannot be guaranteed.
- Not applicable
- Eligible students may receive Pell Grants and other federal aid (e.g. Direct Loans).
- 1-2 years certificate
- Associate's degree
- Suburb: Large
Disability Services Student
- 3% or Less
Admission Total Applicants Full Time Retention Rate 60%
Student Demographics Total Enrolled 18,003 Native American 93.0 Asian 714.0 African American 14,112.0 Hispanic 775.0 Enrolled FullTime Undergraduates 4,637 Enrolled FullTime Graduates 0