General Information About Wor-Wic Community College
Wor-Wic is a comprehensive community college serving the education and training needs of the residents of Worcester, Wicomico and Somerset counties. Providing affordable, high quality postsecondary credit programs and continuing education courses in a high technology environment, the college serves a diverse student population from current high school students to senior citizens. Its open door admission policy and comprehensive support services enable Wor-Wic to provide educational opportunities for those who have the desire and ability to benefit from its courses and programs.
Institutional statistical data was gathered from the U.S. Department of Education - Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics, 2009-2010.
- 2-year, Public
Special Learning Opportunities
- Distance learning opportunities
- Weekend/evening college
- Remedial services
- Academic/career counseling service
- Employment services for students
- Placement services for completers
- On-campus day care for students' children
- Dual credit
- Credit for life experiences
- Advanced placement (AP) credits
- The acceptance of credits for work experience or military experience are subject to review by the school and cannot be guaranteed.
- Not applicable
- Eligible students may receive Pell Grants and other federal aid (e.g. Direct Loans).
- 1-2 years certificate
- Associate's degree
Campus Setting Disability Services Student
- 3% or Less
Admission Total Applicants Full Time Retention Rate 59%
Student Demographics Total Enrolled 5,293 Native American 35.0 Asian 81.0 African American 1,270.0 Hispanic 100.0 Enrolled FullTime Undergraduates 1,255 Enrolled FullTime Graduates