General Information About Berkshire Community College
As the college founded to serve the needs of Berkshire County, the mission of Berkshire Community College is to place higher education within reach of all Berkshire County residents. BCC is committed to access, academic excellence, student success, and leadership in the community as a non-governmental, nationally recognized organization whose affiliated institutions include elementary schools through collegiate institutions offering post-graduate instruction. * We will provide access to higher education by helping students overcome financial, physical, or social barriers. * We will hold the college to standards of academic excellence that prepare students for transfer or careers, and that foster a lifelong enthusiasm for learning. * We will promote student success by providing the resources and services students need to meet our academic standards and to achieve their personal and professional goals. * We will provide leadership by convening and supporting collaborative efforts among community organizations, employers, and civic leaders by meeting the county's economic development needs, by serving as a center for cultural activities, and by providing learning opportunities for families and residents of all ages.
Institutional statistical data was gathered from the U.S. Department of Education - Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics, 2009-2010.
- 2-year, Public
Special Learning Opportunities
- Teacher certification
- Distance learning opportunities
- Study abroad
- Remedial services
- Academic/career counseling service
- Employment services for students
- Placement services for completers
- On-campus day care for students' children
- Dual credit
- Credit for life experiences
- Advanced placement (AP) credits
- The acceptance of credits for work experience or military experience are subject to review by the school and cannot be guaranteed.
- Not applicable
- Eligible students may receive Pell Grants and other federal aid (e.g. Direct Loans).
- Less than 1 year certificate
- 1-2 years certificate
- Associate's degree
Campus Setting Disability Services Student
- 3% or Less
Admission Total Applicants Full Time Retention Rate 61%
Student Demographics Total Enrolled 3,103 Native American 9.0 Asian 52.0 African American 172.0 Hispanic 137.0 Enrolled FullTime Undergraduates 1,070 Enrolled FullTime Graduates