General Information About Roxbury Community College
Roxbury Community College is an urban college which has both the expectation and obligation to serve, with excellence, communities with predominantly minority and recent immigrant populations. With the belief that all students admitted to Roxbury Community College can learn, be retrained, and persist to completion of their educational objective, the mission of Roxbury Community College is to provide, through its degree, certificate, and student development programs, instruction and personal growth experiences that prepare students for lifelong learning, employment, good citizenship, ethical conduct, and continuous development. In addition to serving the learning needs of the Greater Roxbury area and surrounding communities, Roxbury Community College has chosen mathematics, nursing, science and technology as areas of primary focus.
Institutional statistical data was gathered from the U.S. Department of Education - Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics, 2009-2010.
- 2-year, Public
Special Learning Opportunities
- Distance learning opportunities
- Remedial services
- Academic/career counseling service
- Employment services for students
- Placement services for completers
- On-campus day care for students' children
- Dual credit
- Credit for life experiences
- Advanced placement (AP) credits
- The acceptance of credits for work experience or military experience are subject to review by the school and cannot be guaranteed.
- Not applicable
- Eligible students may receive Pell Grants and other federal aid (e.g. Direct Loans).
- Less than 1 year certificate
- 1-2 years certificate
- Associate's degree
- 2-4 years certificate
- City: Large
Disability Services Student
- 3% or Less
Admission Total Applicants Full Time Retention Rate 55%
Student Demographics Total Enrolled 3,747 Native American 7 Asian 148 African American 1,888 Hispanic 522 Enrolled FullTime Undergraduates 967 Enrolled FullTime Graduates