General Information About The New England Conservatory of Music
New England Conservatory educates and trains musicians of all ages from around the world, drawing on the talent and deep reservoir of experience of our distinguished faculty. We are dedicated to inculcating the highest standards of excellence and nurturing individual artistic sensibility and creative growth. Understanding that music is one of the transcendent expressions of human civilization, NEC aspires to ensure it a central place in contemporary society.
Institutional statistical data was gathered from the U.S. Department of Education - Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics, 2009-2010.
- 4-year, Private not-for-profit
Special Learning Opportunities
- Study abroad
- General Education Courses
- Career Services available upon completion
- Advanced placement (AP) credits
- The acceptance of credits for work experience or military experience are subject to review by the school and cannot be guaranteed.
- Not applicable
- Eligible students may receive Pell Grants and other federal aid (e.g. Direct Loans).
- 2-4 years certificate
- Bachelor's degree
- Postbaccalaureate certificate
- Master's degree
- City: Large
Disability Services Student
- 3% or Less
Admission Total Applicants 1,153 Percent Admitted 33% Men Admitted 34% Women Admitted 31% Full Time Retention Rate 98%
Student Demographics Total Enrolled 750 Native American 2 Asian 55 African American 24 Hispanic 28 Enrolled FullTime Undergraduates 388 Enrolled FullTime Graduates 359