General Information About Wentworth Institute of Technology
Wentworth takes pride in educating students in technical disciplines through a nationally recognized model of hands-on, real world problem solving combined with classroom instruction and cooperative work experience. Within a student-focused learning environment, Wentworth provides opportunities for intellectual and personal growth both in and out of the classroom, resulting in the development of the whole student as a skilled professional and engaged citizen.
Institutional statistical data was gathered from the U.S. Department of Education - Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics, 2009-2010.
- 4-year, Private not-for-profit
Special Learning Opportunities
- ROTC (Army, Air Force)
- Study abroad
- Weekend/evening college
- General Education Courses
- Career Services available upon completion
- Dual credit
- The acceptance of credits for work experience or military experience are subject to review by the school and cannot be guaranteed.Advanced placement (AP) credits
- Not applicable
- Eligible students may receive Pell Grants and other federal aid (e.g. Direct Loans).
- Less than 1 year certificate
- Associate's degree
- Bachelor's degree
- Master's degree
- City: Large
Disability Services Student
- 3% or Less
Admission Total Applicants 3,601 Percent Admitted 63% Men Admitted 63% Women Admitted 62% Full Time Retention Rate 80%
Student Demographics Total Enrolled 3,935 Native American 3.0 Asian 181.0 African American 148.0 Hispanic 145.0 Enrolled FullTime Undergraduates 3,285 Enrolled FullTime Graduates 78