General Information About Wheelock College
To improve the lives of children and families. Our Vision As a private college with a public mission, Wheelock strives to be the premier college educating people to create a safe, caring, and just world for children and families. As we have since 1888, we contribute to the vitality of families, communities, and societies by: Educating students who are well prepared academically and as practitioners with real-world experience -ready to be leaders and advocates, confident in their abilities, and sought after in a wide range of careers; Advocating for programs, policies, and laws that enhance the quality of life for children and families.
Institutional statistical data was gathered from the U.S. Department of Education - Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics, 2009-2010.
- 4-year, Private not-for-profit
Special Learning Opportunities
- Teacher certification
- Study abroad
- Academic/career counseling service
- Employment services for students
- Placement services for completers
- Dual credit
- Credit for life experiences
- Advanced placement (AP) credits
- The acceptance of credits for work experience or military experience are subject to review by the school and cannot be guaranteed.
- Not applicable
- Eligible students may receive Pell Grants and other federal aid (e.g. Direct Loans).
- Bachelor's degree
- Postbaccalaureate certificate
- Master's degree
- Post-master's certificate
- City: Large
Disability Services Student
- 3% or Less
Admission Total Applicants 1,092 Percent Admitted 75% Men Admitted 55% Women Admitted 79% Full Time Retention Rate 66%
Submitted ACT & SAT Scores
25th Percentile Score 75th Percentile Score Critical Reading 440 520 Math 420 530 Writing 430 540
25th Percentile Score 75th Percentile Score Composite 18 23 English 18 24 Math 16 24 Writing 18 24
Student Demographics Total Enrolled 1,285 Native American 3 Asian 25 African American 109 Hispanic 72 Enrolled FullTime Undergraduates 804 Enrolled FullTime Graduates 163