General Information About Detroit Business Institute-Downriver
The mission of Detroit Business Institute-Downriver is twofold: To serve the needs of both the individual student and the community. Our role is to provide specialized vocational education which will help our students prepare for a productive career and to provide the community with employees educated in professional and vocational skills.
Institutional statistical data was gathered from the U.S. Department of Education - Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics, 2009-2010.
- 2-year, Private for-profit
Special Learning Opportunities
- Academic/career counseling service
- Placement services for completers
- Advanced placement (AP) credits
- The acceptance of credits for work experience or military experience are subject to review by the school and cannot be guaranteed.
- Not applicable
- Eligible students may receive Pell Grants and other federal aid (e.g. Direct Loans).
- 1-2 years certificate
- Suburb: Large
Disability Services Student
- 3% or Less
Admission Total Applicants 16 Percent Admitted 100% Men Admitted 0% Women Admitted 0% Full Time Retention Rate 70%
Student Demographics Total Enrolled 192 Native American 0.0 Asian 0.0 African American 17.0 Hispanic 9.0 Enrolled FullTime Undergraduates 55 Enrolled FullTime Graduates