General Information About Detroit Business Institute-Southfield
The mission of Detroit Business Institute-Southfield is twofold: To serve the needs of both the individual student and the community. Our role is to provide specialized vocational education which will help our students prepare for a productive career and to provide the community with employees educated in professional and vocational skills.
Institutional statistical data was gathered from the U.S. Department of Education - Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics.
- 2-year, Private for-profit
Special Learning Opportunities
- Academic/career counseling service
- Employment services for students
- Placement services for completers
- Institution does not accept dual, credit for life, or AP credits
- Not applicable
- Eligible students may receive Pell Grants and other federal aid (e.g. Direct Loans).
- 1-2 years certificate
- City: Small
Disability Services Student
- 3% or Less
Admission Total Applicants 32 Percent Admitted 100% Men Admitted 100% Women Admitted 100% Full Time Retention Rate 47%
Tuition & Fees 09-10 Tuition & Fees $0 Room & Board Charge $0 Books & Supplies Cost
Student Demographics Total Enrolled 282 Native American 0 Asian 0 African American 273 Hispanic 0 Enrolled FullTime Undergraduates 135 Enrolled FullTime Graduates