General Information About Eastern Michigan University
Eastern Michigan University is committed to excellence in teaching, the extension of knowledge through basic and applied research, and creative and artistic expression. Building on a proud tradition of national leadership in the preparation of teachers, we maximize educational opportunities and personal and professional growth for students from diverse backgrounds through an array of baccalaureate, master's and doctoral programs. We provide a student-focused learning environment that positively affects the lives of students and the community. We extend our commitment beyond the campus boundaries to the wider community through service initiatives and partnerships of mutual interest addressing local, regional, national and international opportunities and challenges.
Institutional statistical data was gathered from the U.S. Department of Education - Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics, 2009-2010.
- 4-year, Public
Special Learning Opportunities
- ROTC (Army, Navy, Air Force)
- Teacher certification
- Distance learning opportunities
- Study abroad
- Weekend/evening college
- Remedial services
- Academic/career counseling service
- Employment services for students
- Placement services for completers
- On-campus day care for students' children
- Dual credit
- Credit for life experiences
- Advanced placement (AP) credits
- The acceptance of credits for work experience or military experience are subject to review by the school and cannot be guaranteed.
- Not applicable
- Eligible students may receive Pell Grants and other federal aid (e.g. Direct Loans).
- Bachelor's degree
- Postbaccalaureate certificate
- Master's degree
- Post-master's certificate
Campus Setting Disability Services Student
- 3% or Less
Admission Total Applicants 9,751 Percent Admitted 73% Men Admitted 70% Women Admitted 74% Full Time Retention Rate 72%
Submitted ACT & SAT Scores
25th Percentile Score 75th Percentile Score Critical Reading 450 570 Math 450 580 Writing 430 543
25th Percentile Score 75th Percentile Score Composite 18 24 English 17 24 Math 17 24 Writing 18 23
Student Demographics Total Enrolled 27,032 Native American 179.0 Asian 713.0 African American 4,763.0 Hispanic 618.0 Enrolled FullTime Undergraduates 13,106 Enrolled FullTime Graduates 1,050