General Information About Washtenaw Community College
Our college strives to make a positive difference in people's lives through accessible and excellent educational programs and services. * We provide a caring, open-door teaching and learning environment. * We provide excellent teaching, counseling, and support services. * We reach out to people who have limited income or other barriers to success. * We enable people to progress in their academic and career pursuits. * We work in partnership with the communities we serve.
Institutional statistical data was gathered from the U.S. Department of Education - Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics, 2009-2010.
- 2-year, Public
Special Learning Opportunities
- Distance learning opportunities
- Study abroad
- Weekend/evening college
- Remedial services
- Academic/career counseling service
- Employment services for students
- Placement services for completers
- On-campus day care for students' children
- Dual credit
- Credit for life experiences
- Advanced placement (AP) credits
- The acceptance of credits for work experience or military experience are subject to review by the school and cannot be guaranteed.
- Not applicable
- Eligible students may receive Pell Grants and other federal aid (e.g. Direct Loans).
- Less than 1 year certificate
- 1-2 years certificate
- Associate's degree
- 2-4 years certificate
- Suburb: Large
Disability Services Student
- 3% or Less
Admission Total Applicants Full Time Retention Rate 65%
Student Demographics Total Enrolled 22,163 Native American 166 Asian 668 African American 3,347 Hispanic 584 Enrolled FullTime Undergraduates 5,300 Enrolled FullTime Graduates 0