General Information About Macalester College
Macalester is committed to being a preeminent liberal arts college with an educational program known for its high standards for scholarship and its special emphasis on internationalism, multiculturalism, and service to society.
Institutional statistical data was gathered from the U.S. Department of Education - Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics, 2009-2010.
- 4-year, Private not-for-profit
Special Learning Opportunities
- Study abroad
- General Education Courses
- Career Services available upon completion
- Advanced placement (AP) credits
- The acceptance of credits for work experience or military experience are subject to review by the school and cannot be guaranteed.
- Presbyterian Church (USA)
- Eligible students may receive Pell Grants and other federal aid (e.g. Direct Loans).
- Bachelor's degree
- City: Large
Disability Services Student
- 3% or Less
Admission Total Applicants 4,565 Percent Admitted 46% Men Admitted 45% Women Admitted 47% Full Time Retention Rate 94%
Submitted ACT & SAT Scores
25th Percentile Score 75th Percentile Score Critical Reading 640 740 Math 630 710 Writing 630 730
25th Percentile Score 75th Percentile Score Composite 28 32 English 29 34 Math 27 31 Writing 8 10
Student Demographics Total Enrolled 2,031 Native American 20.0 Asian 171.0 African American 72.0 Hispanic 90.0 Enrolled FullTime Undergraduates 1,987 Enrolled FullTime Graduates 0