General Information About Blue Mountain College
Founded in 1873 as a Christian liberal arts college and affiliated since 1920 with the Mississippi Baptist Convention, Blue Mountain College assists students in developing intellectual integrity, academic excellence, social awareness, and Christian character. To accomplish the mission the College recruits undergraduate and graduate students who are committed to scholarship, servant leadership, and service in church and community. The student-centered campus exhibits a climate of personal attention, respect, inclusion and high expectations. With the leadership of professionals who share the common bond of Christian faith and who are committed to excellence, students are guided to reach their God-given potential.
Institutional statistical data was gathered from the U.S. Department of Education - Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics, 2009-2010.
- 4-year, Private not-for-profit
Special Learning Opportunities
- Teacher certification
- Distance learning opportunities
- Remedial services
- Academic/career counseling service
- Dual credit
- The acceptance of credits for work experience or military experience are subject to review by the school and cannot be guaranteed.Advanced placement (AP) credits
- Southern Baptist
- Eligible students may receive Pell Grants and other federal aid (e.g. Direct Loans).
- Bachelor's degree
- Master's degree
- Rural: Distant
Disability Services Student
- 3% or Less
Admission Total Applicants Full Time Retention Rate 67%
Student Demographics Total Enrolled 600 Native American 0.0 Asian 4.0 African American 84.0 Hispanic 5.0 Enrolled FullTime Undergraduates 487 Enrolled FullTime Graduates 9