General Information About Coahoma Community College
Coahoma Community College, located in the northwest corner of the rural Mississippi Delta, is an accredited, public, comprehensive, two-year institution of higher learning dedicated to serving Bolivar, Coahoma, Quitman, Tallahatchie, and Tunica counties and beyond. Serving as a catalyst for economic and community development, Coahoma Community College provides accessible, affordable, diverse, and quality educational opportunities and services that foster a nurturing teaching and learning environment, promote intellectual and work readiness skills, support personal and professional growth, and prepare students to enter the job market or transfer to a college or university.
Institutional statistical data was gathered from the U.S. Department of Education - Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics, 2009-2010.
- 2-year, Public
Special Learning Opportunities
- Distance learning opportunities
- General Education Courses
- Career Services available upon completion
- Dual credit
- The acceptance of credits for work experience or military experience are subject to review by the school and cannot be guaranteed.Advanced placement (AP) credits
- Not applicable
- Eligible students may receive Pell Grants and other federal aid (e.g. Direct Loans).
- 1-2 years certificate
- Associate's degree
- 2-4 years certificate
Campus Setting Disability Services Student
- 3% or Less
Admission Total Applicants Full Time Retention Rate 51%
Student Demographics Total Enrolled 3,148 Native American 2.0 Asian 4.0 African American 2,963.0 Hispanic 12.0 Enrolled FullTime Undergraduates 2,391 Enrolled FullTime Graduates 0