General Information About East Central Community College
The College, located in east central Mississippi, is a public, open door, comprehensive, two-year institution of higher education that values and demonstrates accessibility, affordability, excellence, and integrity in teaching and learning by providing university transfer education, career-technical programs, workforce development services, and basic skills offerings to meet the life-long learning needs to its diverse students and community.
Institutional statistical data was gathered from the U.S. Department of Education - Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics, 2009-2010.
- 2-year, Public
Special Learning Opportunities
- Teacher certification
- Distance learning opportunities
- Remedial services
- Academic/career counseling service
- Employment services for students
- Placement services for completers
- On-campus day care for students' children
- Dual credit
- The acceptance of credits for work experience or military experience are subject to review by the school and cannot be guaranteed.Advanced placement (AP) credits
- Not applicable
- Eligible students may receive Pell Grants and other federal aid (e.g. Direct Loans).
- 1-2 years certificate
- Associate's degree
- 2-4 years certificate
- Rural: Distant
Disability Services Student
- 3% or Less
Admission Total Applicants Full Time Retention Rate 64%
Student Demographics Total Enrolled 3,358 Native American 231.0 Asian 6.0 African American 1,207.0 Hispanic 28.0 Enrolled FullTime Undergraduates 2,194 Enrolled FullTime Graduates