General Information About Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College
Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College responds to the educational needs of our community, which is defined as the district of George, Harrison, Jackson and Stone counties, by providing an outstanding learning environment supported by excellent instruction and services. We achieve this by creating an atmosphere that fosters lifelong learning, responsible citizenship and progressive leadership in a dynamic setting.
Institutional statistical data was gathered from the U.S. Department of Education - Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics, 2009-2010.
- 2-year, Public
Special Learning Opportunities
- Distance learning opportunities
- Weekend/evening college
- Remedial services
- Academic/career counseling service
- Employment services for students
- Placement services for completers
- On-campus day care for students' children
- Dual credit
- Credit for life experiences
- Advanced placement (AP) credits
- The acceptance of credits for work experience or military experience are subject to review by the school and cannot be guaranteed.
- Not applicable
- Eligible students may receive Pell Grants and other federal aid (e.g. Direct Loans).
- Less than 1 year certificate
- 1-2 years certificate
- Associate's degree
- Town: Distant
Disability Services Student
- 3% or Less
Admission Total Applicants Full Time Retention Rate 62%
Student Demographics Total Enrolled 13,001 Native American 71.0 Asian 343.0 African American 2,663.0 Hispanic 319.0 Enrolled FullTime Undergraduates 7,334 Enrolled FullTime Graduates