General Information About Northeast Mississippi Community College
Northeast Mississippi Community College is a public, comprehensive community college that exists to meet the educational and career needs of individual students and the community within the district it serves – Alcorn, Prentiss, Tippah, Tishomingo and Union Counties - by awarding the Associate of Arts Degree, Associate of Applied Science Degree and Certificates. Beyond this original scope, Northeast responds to the needs of all who seek a college education.
Institutional statistical data was gathered from the U.S. Department of Education - Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics, 2009-2010.
- 2-year, Public
Special Learning Opportunities
- ROTC (Army)
- Distance learning opportunities
- Weekend/evening college
- Remedial services
- Academic/career counseling service
- Employment services for students
- Placement services for completers
- On-campus day care for students' children
- Dual credit
- The acceptance of credits for work experience or military experience are subject to review by the school and cannot be guaranteed.Advanced placement (AP) credits
- Not applicable
- Eligible students may receive Pell Grants and other federal aid (e.g. Direct Loans).
- 1-2 years certificate
- Associate's degree
- Town: Remote
Disability Services Student
- 3% or Less
Admission Total Applicants Full Time Retention Rate 70%
Student Demographics Total Enrolled 4,051 Native American 19.0 Asian 12.0 African American 720.0 Hispanic 30.0 Enrolled FullTime Undergraduates 3,380 Enrolled FullTime Graduates 0