General Information About Metropolitan Community College Area
Our mission at Metropolitan Community College is to serve our community with distinction. We are a role model in higher education. We will deliver: Quality learning opportunities. Lifelong educational programs. Services that support personal and professional enrichment and training. Programs and services which stimulate economic and workforce development. Courses and programs which provide a transferable path to baccalaureate institutions. Career/vocational education supporting business and economic partnerships. A positive learning environment that promotes student success.
Institutional statistical data was gathered from the U.S. Department of Education - Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics, 2009-2010.
- 2-year, Public
Special Learning Opportunities
- ROTC (Army, Air Force)
- Distance learning opportunities
- Weekend/evening college
- General Education Courses
- Career Services available upon completion
- Dual credit
- Credit for life experiences
- Advanced placement (AP) credits
- The acceptance of credits for work experience or military experience are subject to review by the school and cannot be guaranteed.
- Not applicable
- Eligible students may receive Pell Grants and other federal aid (e.g. Direct Loans).
- Less than 1 year certificate
- 1-2 years certificate
- Associate's degree
- City: Large
Disability Services Student
- 3% or Less
Admission Total Applicants Full Time Retention Rate 55%
Student Demographics Total Enrolled 31,458 Native American 232.0 Asian 1,062.0 African American 3,856.0 Hispanic 1,844.0 Enrolled FullTime Undergraduates 7,979 Enrolled FullTime Graduates