General Information About Southeast Community College Area
The mission of SCC’s Medical Assisting program is to offer a broad foundation in basic medical assisting skills, including an opportunity for practical experience in the physician’s office. The Medical Assisting student will have the opportunity to acquire this knowledge and become competent in the various required skills under the guidance and supervision of qualified instructors.
Institutional statistical data was gathered from the U.S. Department of Education - Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics, 2009-2010.
- 2-year, Public
Special Learning Opportunities
- Distance learning opportunities
- Remedial services
- Academic/career counseling service
- Employment services for students
- Placement services for completers
- On-campus day care for students' children
- Dual credit
- The acceptance of credits for work experience or military experience are subject to review by the school and cannot be guaranteed.Advanced placement (AP) credits
- Not applicable
- Eligible students may receive Pell Grants and other federal aid (e.g. Direct Loans).
- Less than 1 year certificate
- 1-2 years certificate
- Associate's degree
- City: Midsize
Disability Services Student
- 3% or Less
Admission Total Applicants Full Time Retention Rate 75%
Student Demographics Total Enrolled 18,108 Native American 106.0 Asian 445.0 African American 577.0 Hispanic 514.0 Enrolled FullTime Undergraduates 6,789 Enrolled FullTime Graduates 0