General Information About New Mexico Institute of Mining and Technology
New Mexico Tech is an institute of higher learning that serves the diverse population of New Mexico by integrating education, research, public service, and economic development through emphasis on science, engineering, and natural resources. Its mission is multi-fold: 1. helping students learn creative approaches to addressing complex issues; 2. acknowledging state and national diversity of students and developing an inclusive learning environment; 3. creating and communicating knowledge; and 4. solving technical and scientific problems.
Institutional statistical data was gathered from the U.S. Department of Education - Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics, 2009-2010.
- 4-year, Public
Special Learning Opportunities
- Teacher certification
- Distance learning opportunities
- Study abroad
- Remedial services
- Academic/career counseling service
- Employment services for students
- Placement services for completers
- On-campus day care for students' children
- Advanced placement (AP) credits
- The acceptance of credits for work experience or military experience are subject to review by the school and cannot be guaranteed.
- Not applicable
- Eligible students may receive Pell Grants and other federal aid (e.g. Direct Loans).
- Associate's degree
- Bachelor's degree
- Postbaccalaureate certificate
- Master's degree
- Town: Remote
Disability Services Student
- 3% or Less
Admission Total Applicants 445 Percent Admitted 79% Men Admitted 79% Women Admitted 79% Full Time Retention Rate 71%
Submitted ACT & SAT Scores
25th Percentile Score 75th Percentile Score Critical Reading 530 660 Math 550 680
25th Percentile Score 75th Percentile Score Composite 23 29 English 22 29 Math 24 29 Writing 0 0
Student Demographics Total Enrolled 2,254 Native American 57.0 Asian 68.0 African American 24.0 Hispanic 485.0 Enrolled FullTime Undergraduates 1,184 Enrolled FullTime Graduates 257