General Information About New Mexico State University-Alamogordo
The Mission of New Mexico State University at Alamogordo is to provide quality learning opportunities for individuals in the diverse community we serve. In addition, * We Value Excellence in education as a lifelong opportunity to increase productivity, expand visions, and encourage enjoyment of learning. * We Value Integrity in education through responsible teaching and honest interaction with students, colleagues, and community in an atmosphere of mutual respect. * We Value Innovation as it applies to meeting the individual and changing needs of students, faculty, staff, and community.
Institutional statistical data was gathered from the U.S. Department of Education - Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics, 2009-2010.
- 2-year, Public
Special Learning Opportunities
- ROTC (Air Force)
- Distance learning opportunities
- Weekend/evening college
- General Education Courses
- Career Services available upon completion
- Dual credit
- The acceptance of credits for work experience or military experience are subject to review by the school and cannot be guaranteed.Advanced placement (AP) credits
- Not applicable
- Eligible students may receive Pell Grants and other federal aid (e.g. Direct Loans).
- Less than 1 year certificate
- 1-2 years certificate
- Associate's degree
- Town: Remote
Disability Services Student
- 3% or Less
Admission Total Applicants Full Time Retention Rate 56%
Student Demographics Total Enrolled 5,380 Native American 184 Asian 100 African American 253 Hispanic 1,930 Enrolled FullTime Undergraduates 950 Enrolled FullTime Graduates