General Information About A.B.I. School of Barbering & Cosmetology of Chelsea Inc.
To prepare students to enter the fields of barbering and/or cosmetology, to pass state licensing examinations, and to serve the public competently and in a safe manner while earning a better than average income. To instill a sense of confidence in our graduates, to make them desireable to employers and prepare them to know the realities of what to expect so that they may enjoy a long term career. To start those who wish to do so on the path to owning their own business.
Institutional statistical data was gathered from the U.S. Department of Education - Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics, 2009-2010.
- 2-year, Private for-profit
Special Learning Opportunities
- Academic/career counseling service
- Employment services for students
- Placement services for completers
- Credit for life experiences
- Advanced placement (AP) credits
- The acceptance of transfer credits are subject to review by the school and cannot be guaranteed.
- Not applicable
- Eligible students may receive Pell Grants and other federal aid (e.g. Direct Loans).
- Less than 1 year certificate
- 1-2 years certificate
- City: Large
Disability Services Student
- 3% or Less
Admission Total Applicants 310 Percent Admitted 95% Men Admitted 96% Women Admitted 93% Full Time Retention Rate 100%
Student Demographics Total Enrolled 345 Native American 0 Asian 7 African American 62 Hispanic 196 Enrolled FullTime Undergraduates 101 Enrolled FullTime Graduates