General Information About Dowling College
Dowling College is an independent comprehensive educational institution in the liberal arts tradition whose mission is to provide our students with a well-rounded education based upon innovative teaching, informed and engaging research, and a commitment to democratic citizenship with a community service component. We foster an open and supportive learning environment that is based upon collaboration between a committed and supportive expert faculty and a student body diverse in its interests, beliefs, culture, ethnicity, and geographic origin. We recognize learning as a lifetime endeavor, particularly as it relates to globalization. The college upholds its educational mission through teaching, learning and research in the arts, sciences and professions such as education, business and aviation, and by providing members of the community and Dowling alumni with opportunities for continuing education.
Institutional statistical data was gathered from the U.S. Department of Education - Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics, 2009-2010.
- 4-year, Private not-for-profit
Special Learning Opportunities
- ROTC (Army, Air Force)
- Teacher certification
- Distance learning opportunities
- Weekend/evening college
- General Education Courses
- Career Services available upon completion
- Dual credit
- The acceptance of credits for work experience or military experience are subject to review by the school and cannot be guaranteed.Advanced placement (AP) credits
- Not applicable
- Eligible students may receive Pell Grants and other federal aid (e.g. Direct Loans).
- Bachelor's degree
- Postbaccalaureate certificate
- Master's degree
- Post-master's certificate
- Suburb: Large
Disability Services Student
- 3% or Less
Admission Total Applicants 2,936 Percent Admitted 79% Men Admitted 81% Women Admitted 77% Full Time Retention Rate 66%
Student Demographics Total Enrolled 7,416 Native American 7.0 Asian 132.0 African American 583.0 Hispanic 517.0 Enrolled FullTime Undergraduates 2,100 Enrolled FullTime Graduates 700