General Information About Fashion Institute of Technology
The Fashion Institute of Technology prepares students for professional excellence in design, fashion, and business by providing the premier educational experience that fosters creativity, career focus, and a global perspective.
Institutional statistical data was gathered from the U.S. Department of Education - Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics, 2009-2010.
- 4-year, primarily associate's, Public
Special Learning Opportunities
- Distance learning opportunities
- Study abroad
- Weekend/evening college
- General Education Courses
- Career Services available upon completion
- Dual credit
- The acceptance of credits for work experience or military experience are subject to review by the school and cannot be guaranteed.Advanced placement (AP) credits
- Not applicable
- Eligible students may receive Pell Grants and other federal aid (e.g. Direct Loans).
- Less than 1 year certificate
- Associate's degree
- Bachelor's degree
- Master's degree
- City: Large
Disability Services Student
- 3% or Less
Admission Total Applicants 3,973 Percent Admitted 40% Men Admitted 37% Women Admitted 41% Full Time Retention Rate 86%
Student Demographics Total Enrolled 13,388 Native American 22.0 Asian 1,416.0 African American 959.0 Hispanic 1,329.0 Enrolled FullTime Undergraduates 7,296 Enrolled FullTime Graduates 118