General Information About Gemological Institute of America-New York
The nonprofit Gemological Institute of America (GIA), established in 1931, is the world's foremost authority in gemology. GIA's mission is to ensure the public's trust in gems and jewelry by upholding the highest standards of integrity, academics, science, and professionalism through education, research, laboratory services, and instrument development.
Institutional statistical data was gathered from the U.S. Department of Education - Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics, 2009-2010.
- 2-year, Private not-for-profit
Special Learning Opportunities
- Employment services for students
- Institution does not accept dual, credit for life, or AP credits
- Not applicable
- Eligible students may receive Pell Grants and other federal aid (e.g. Direct Loans).
- Less than 1 year certificate
- City: Large
Disability Services Student
- 3% or Less
Admission Total Applicants Full Time Retention Rate 97%
Student Demographics Total Enrolled 222 Native American 2.0 Asian 20.0 African American 0.0 Hispanic 7.0 Enrolled FullTime Undergraduates 135 Enrolled FullTime Graduates