General Information About Houghton College
Houghton College provides an academically challenging, Christ-centered education in the liberal arts and sciences to students from diverse traditions and economic backgrounds and equips them to lead and labor as scholar-servants in a changing world.
Institutional statistical data was gathered from the U.S. Department of Education - Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics, 2009-2010.
- 4-year, Private not-for-profit
Special Learning Opportunities
- Teacher certification
- Study abroad
- Academic/career counseling service
- Employment services for students
- Placement services for completers
- Dual credit
- Credit for life experiences
- Advanced placement (AP) credits
- The acceptance of credits for work experience or military experience are subject to review by the school and cannot be guaranteed.
- Eligible students may receive Pell Grants and other federal aid (e.g. Direct Loans).
- Associate's degree
- Bachelor's degree
- Master's degree
- Rural: Remote
Disability Services Student
- 3% or Less
Admission Total Applicants 1,080 Percent Admitted 82% Men Admitted 79% Women Admitted 84% Full Time Retention Rate 87%
Submitted ACT & SAT Scores
25th Percentile Score 75th Percentile Score Critical Reading 520 650 Math 510 620 Writing 500 640
25th Percentile Score 75th Percentile Score Composite 23 29 English 22 30 Math 21 28
Student Demographics Total Enrolled 1,537 Native American 11 Asian 21 African American 33 Hispanic 18 Enrolled FullTime Undergraduates 1,196 Enrolled FullTime Graduates 9