General Information About Long Island Business Institute
Provide college-level occupational studies to prepare students for entry-level employment in the fields of court reporting, accounting, business management, office technology, medical office, and homeland security and security management. Help each student achieve his or her highest potential. Provide the educational and cultural foundation for lifelong learning and career advancement in a constantly changing economy.
Institutional statistical data was gathered from the U.S. Department of Education - Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics, 2009-2010.
- 2-year, Private for-profit
Special Learning Opportunities
- Weekend/evening college
- Remedial services
- Academic/career counseling service
- Placement services for completers
- Dual credit
- The acceptance of credits for work experience or military experience are subject to review by the school and cannot be guaranteed.Advanced placement (AP) credits
- Not applicable
- Eligible students may receive Pell Grants and other federal aid (e.g. Direct Loans).
- 1-2 years certificate
- Associate's degree
- 2-4 years certificate
- Suburb: Large
Disability Services Student
- 3% or Less
Admission Total Applicants Full Time Retention Rate 28%
Student Demographics Total Enrolled 1,613 Native American 1 Asian 754 African American 125 Hispanic 372 Enrolled FullTime Undergraduates 424 Enrolled FullTime Graduates