General Information About Polytechnic Institute of New York University
To produce and support the leaders of tomorrow, we will provide excellence in research and education in engineering, computing, science and related fields for the New York region and the world.
Institutional statistical data was gathered from the U.S. Department of Education - Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics, 2009-2010.
- 4-year, Private not-for-profit
Special Learning Opportunities
- ROTC (Army)
- Distance learning opportunities
- Study abroad
- General Education Courses
- Career Services available upon completion
- Dual credit
- The acceptance of credits for work experience or military experience are subject to review by the school and cannot be guaranteed.Advanced placement (AP) credits
- Not applicable
- Eligible students may receive Pell Grants and other federal aid (e.g. Direct Loans).
- Bachelor's degree
- Master's degree
- City: Large
Disability Services Student
- 3% or Less
Admission Total Applicants 1,854 Percent Admitted 55% Men Admitted 55% Women Admitted 52% Full Time Retention Rate 85%
Submitted ACT & SAT Scores
25th Percentile Score 75th Percentile Score Critical Reading 470 600 Math 560 675
Student Demographics Total Enrolled 4,513 Native American 5.0 Asian 642.0 African American 304.0 Hispanic 232.0 Enrolled FullTime Undergraduates 1,695 Enrolled FullTime Graduates 1,582