General Information About Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
Rensselaer educates the leaders of tomorrow for technologically based careers. We celebrate discovery, and the responsible application of technology, to create knowledge and global prosperity.
Institutional statistical data was gathered from the U.S. Department of Education - Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics, 2009-2010.
- 4-year, Private not-for-profit
Special Learning Opportunities
- ROTC (Army, Navy, Air Force)
- Study abroad
- General Education Courses
- Career Services available upon completion
- Dual credit
- The acceptance of credits for work experience or military experience are subject to review by the school and cannot be guaranteed.Advanced placement (AP) credits
- Not applicable
- Eligible students may receive Pell Grants and other federal aid (e.g. Direct Loans).
- Bachelor's degree
- Master's degree
- City: Small
Disability Services Student
- 3% or Less
Admission Total Applicants 12,351 Percent Admitted 42% Men Admitted 41% Women Admitted 44% Full Time Retention Rate 91%
Submitted ACT & SAT Scores
25th Percentile Score 75th Percentile Score Critical Reading 600 690 Math 650 730 Writing 580 680
25th Percentile Score 75th Percentile Score Composite 24 29
Student Demographics Total Enrolled 6,872 Native American 30 Asian 663 African American 256 Hispanic 370 Enrolled FullTime Undergraduates 5,346 Enrolled FullTime Graduates 1,091