General Information About The Art Institute of New York City
The mission of The Art Institute of New York City is to provide career-focused education that meets the needs of the business community through an industry-driven curriculum subjected to continuous process review.
Institutional statistical data was gathered from the U.S. Department of Education - Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics.
- 2-year, Private for-profit
Special Learning Opportunities
- Remedial services
- Academic/career counseling service
- Employment services for students
- Placement services for completers
- Dual credit
- Credit for life experiences
- Advanced placement (AP) credits
- Not applicable
- Eligible students may receive Pell Grants and other federal aid (e.g. Direct Loans).
- Associate's degree
- City: Large
Disability Services Student
- 3% or Less
Admission Total Applicants 1,314 Percent Admitted 34% Men Admitted 38% Women Admitted 31% Full Time Retention Rate 54%
Tuition & Fees 09-10 Tuition & Fees $25,438 Room & Board Charge $18,400 Books & Supplies Cost $1,600 Dorm Capacity 177
Student Demographics Total Enrolled 2,368 Native American 7 Asian 97 African American 386 Hispanic 412 Enrolled FullTime Undergraduates 1,183 Enrolled FullTime Graduates