General Information About Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College
We offer quality instruction and personal attention for students in the areas of Anthropology, Geography, History, Political Science, Psychology and Sociology. The Department of Social and Behavioral Sciences offers 44 different classes, many of which are available in an on-line format. Students take our classes to fulfill requirements for both the College Transfer program as well as for the technical side of the College. So whether you’re a Law Enforcement student taking Social Diversity (SOC 225), a future nurse taking Developmental Psychology (PSY 241), or a soon-to-be U.N.C.A. student taking World Civilizations I (HIS 111) as a core curriculum requirement, this department is here to meet your needs!
Institutional statistical data was gathered from the U.S. Department of Education - Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics, 2009-2010.
- 2-year, Public
Special Learning Opportunities
- Distance learning opportunities
- Remedial services
- Academic/career counseling service
- Employment services for students
- Placement services for completers
- On-campus day care for students' children
- Dual credit
- Credit for life experiences
- Advanced placement (AP) credits
- The acceptance of credits for work experience or military experience are subject to review by the school and cannot be guaranteed.
- Not applicable
- Eligible students may receive Pell Grants and other federal aid (e.g. Direct Loans).
- Less than 1 year certificate
- 1-2 years certificate
- Associate's degree
- City: Small
Disability Services Student
- 3% or Less
Admission Total Applicants Full Time Retention Rate 57%
Student Demographics Total Enrolled 10,505 Native American 60 Asian 119 African American 628 Hispanic 278 Enrolled FullTime Undergraduates 3,100 Enrolled FullTime Graduates 0