General Information About James Sprunt Community College
James Sprunt is a comprehensive, open door community-centered college that responds to the needs and growth of Duplin County and surrounding areas by enabling a diverse population of individuals to attain their personal, academic and career goals; through collaborating with public schools, senior colleges, and other community colleges to provide secondary and post-secondary educational opportunities; through partnering with area businesses and industries in meeting their training and retraining needs; by enhancing the educational, economic, and cultural development of the service area; and by improving the quality of life in the community.
Institutional statistical data was gathered from the U.S. Department of Education - Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics, 2009-2010.
- 2-year, Public
Special Learning Opportunities
- Distance learning opportunities
- General Education Courses
- Career Services available upon completion
- Dual credit
- Credit for life experiences
- Advanced placement (AP) credits
- The acceptance of credits for work experience or military experience are subject to review by the school and cannot be guaranteed.
- Not applicable
- Eligible students may receive Pell Grants and other federal aid (e.g. Direct Loans).
- Less than 1 year certificate
- 1-2 years certificate
- Associate's degree
- Rural: Distant
Disability Services Student
- 3% or Less
Admission Total Applicants Full Time Retention Rate 57%
Student Demographics Total Enrolled 1,858 Native American 8 Asian 9 African American 734 Hispanic 89 Enrolled FullTime Undergraduates 857 Enrolled FullTime Graduates