General Information About Johnston Community College
Johnston Community College is an open-door, community-based institution of higher education continually striving to be a caring, committed provider of state-of-the-art, high quality educational and training programs,including general education, university-parallel study, career training,college preparatory studies, and cultural opportunities as well as enrichment services. The College seeks to assist all students, within a diverse learning environment, to develop their full potentials for participation as educated, responsible, technologically competent members of a rapidly changing society who can competete effectively in the global workforce. The College strives to be an effective, fully accountable organization responsive to the changing needs of the local, regional, and global community.
Institutional statistical data was gathered from the U.S. Department of Education - Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics, 2009-2010.
- 2-year, Public
Special Learning Opportunities
- Distance learning opportunities
- Remedial services
- Academic/career counseling service
- Employment services for students
- Placement services for completers
- On-campus day care for students' children
- Dual credit
- Credit for life experiences
- Advanced placement (AP) credits
- The acceptance of credits for work experience or military experience are subject to review by the school and cannot be guaranteed.
- Not applicable
- Eligible students may receive Pell Grants and other federal aid (e.g. Direct Loans).
- Less than 1 year certificate
- 1-2 years certificate
- Associate's degree
- Town: Distant
Disability Services Student
- 3% or Less
Admission Total Applicants Full Time Retention Rate 41%
Student Demographics Total Enrolled 6,021 Native American 48.0 Asian 53.0 African American 1,328.0 Hispanic 312.0 Enrolled FullTime Undergraduates 2,224 Enrolled FullTime Graduates