General Information About Livingstone College
Livingstone College is a private historically black institution that is secured by a strong commitment to quality instruction. Through a Christian-based environment suitable for learning, it provides excellent liberal arts and religious education programs for students from all ethnic backgrounds designed to develop their potential for leadership and service to a global community.
Institutional statistical data was gathered from the U.S. Department of Education - Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics, 2009-2010.
- 4-year, Private not-for-profit
Special Learning Opportunities
- ROTC (Army, Air Force)
- Teacher certification
- Weekend/evening college
- Academic/career counseling service
- Employment services for students
- Placement services for completers
- Dual credit
- Credit for life experiences
- Advanced placement (AP) credits
- The acceptance of credits for work experience or military experience are subject to review by the school and cannot be guaranteed.
- African Methodist Episcopal Zion Church
- Eligible students may receive Pell Grants and other federal aid (e.g. Direct Loans).
- Bachelor's degree
- Town: Fringe
Disability Services Student
- 3% or Less
Admission Total Applicants 2,955 Percent Admitted 67% Men Admitted 66% Women Admitted 67% Full Time Retention Rate 51%
Submitted ACT & SAT Scores
25th Percentile Score 75th Percentile Score Critical Reading 320 420 Math 310 420 Writing 300 400
25th Percentile Score 75th Percentile Score Composite 13 16 English 11 16 Math 15 17
Student Demographics Total Enrolled 1,104 Native American 1.0 Asian 0.0 African American 1,071.0 Hispanic 3.0 Enrolled FullTime Undergraduates 1,146 Enrolled FullTime Graduates 0