General Information About Pitt Community College
Our Mission The Mission of Pitt Community College is to educate and empower people for success - in life - in higher education - in the workforce - in a global economy This mission will be achieved by - encouraging lifelong learning - establishing positive learning environments - ensuring academic excellence - enhancing economic development and quality of life and - emphasizing multicultural experiences Our Vision Pitt Community College will be: * A Catalyst for transforming the individual and community. * A Recognized Leader for accessible, attractive and educationally enriching programs and services. * A Creative Partner for developing educational and economic opportunities. * A Competent Steward of public trust and confidence.
Institutional statistical data was gathered from the U.S. Department of Education - Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics, 2009-2010.
- 2-year, Public
Special Learning Opportunities
- ROTC (Army)
- Distance learning opportunities
- Weekend/evening college
- Remedial services
- Academic/career counseling service
- Employment services for students
- Placement services for completers
- On-campus day care for students' children
- Dual credit
- Credit for life experiences
- Advanced placement (AP) credits
- The acceptance of credits for work experience or military experience are subject to review by the school and cannot be guaranteed.
- Not applicable
- Eligible students may receive Pell Grants and other federal aid (e.g. Direct Loans).
- Less than 1 year certificate
- 1-2 years certificate
- Associate's degree
Campus Setting Disability Services Student
- 3% or Less
Admission Total Applicants Full Time Retention Rate 57%
Student Demographics Total Enrolled 10,300 Native American 41 Asian 123 African American 3,341 Hispanic 230 Enrolled FullTime Undergraduates 4,902 Enrolled FullTime Graduates