General Information About Wingate University
The mission of Wingate University is to develop educated, ethical, and productive citizens at home and abroad. Following its Judeo-Christian heritage, the University seeks to cultivate the following in its students: Knowledge, Faith, and Service.
Institutional statistical data was gathered from the U.S. Department of Education - Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics, 2009-2010.
- 4-year, Private not-for-profit
Special Learning Opportunities
- Teacher certification
- Study abroad
- Academic/career counseling service
- Employment services for students
- Dual credit
- The acceptance of credits for work experience or military experience are subject to review by the school and cannot be guaranteed.Advanced placement (AP) credits
- Eligible students may receive Pell Grants and other federal aid (e.g. Direct Loans).
- Bachelor's degree
- Master's degree
- Town: Fringe
Disability Services Student
- 3% or Less
Admission Total Applicants 4,840 Percent Admitted 52% Men Admitted 51% Women Admitted 53% Full Time Retention Rate 68%
Submitted ACT & SAT Scores
25th Percentile Score 75th Percentile Score Critical Reading 440 550 Math 470 580 Writing 440 540
25th Percentile Score 75th Percentile Score Composite 19 24
Student Demographics Total Enrolled 2,361 Native American 12.0 Asian 56.0 African American 290.0 Hispanic 48.0 Enrolled FullTime Undergraduates 1,574 Enrolled FullTime Graduates 388