HackCollege's School Directory Work Smarter, Not Harder

Schools in North Dakota

Schools in North Dakota>>

North Dakota Schools

There are 30 colleges and universities in North Dakota for you to consider. The largest school in North Dakota is North Dakota State University-Main Campus. It is located in the city of Fargo. In 2010 North Dakota State University-Main Campus had 14,189 students. With approximately 14,189 students, North Dakota State University-Main Campus is the second largest school in North Dakota. It is located in the city of Fargo.

Popular Courses of Study in North Dakota

When planning your educational career path, you will not only have to choose a college from among North Dakota's 30 schools, but you will also have to choose from one of the 1,257 certificate and degree programs offered at these schools. If you choose to study business, liberal arts or healthcare, you will be studying one of the most popular subjects in North Dakota for undergraduates. Of the 25,315 students that graduated from North Dakota state schools in 2010, 20% studied business, 13% studied liberal arts and 9% studied healthcare. The remainder of North Dakota students, approximately 4,042 students, graduated with credentials in subjects such as gerontology, fire science or computer networking.

Student Demographics in North Dakota

Choosing to pursue your higher education in a North Dakota school will put you in the company of the 69,134 students studying in North Dakota institutions. Approximately 88% of these students are enrolled in undergraduate programs, while 12% are enrolled in graduate programs. And approximately 75% of students in undergraduate programs are full-time students, while the remaining 25% of undergraduates attend school on a part time basis.

North Dakota has a relatively diverse student population, with 22% of undergraduate students identifying themselves to be from a racial or ethnic minority background, according to 2009 data. The male to female ratio amongst undergraduates at North Dakota colleges and universities is 11 to 10. And approximately 81% of undergraduate students are 24 years of age or younger.

Faculty Demographics in North Dakota

Just as the student population at North Dakota schools is relatively diverse, the faculty at North Dakota schools is also relatively diverse. North Dakota colleges and universities employed 27,220 faculty members in 2009. An estimated 26% were from a racial or ethnic minority background. The male to female ratio amongst North Dakota faculty was 4 to 10.

Cost of Education in North Dakota

On average, an undergraduate education in North Dakota can cost you approximately $6,256 per year, including living expenses and financial aid. This average undergraduate education cost is less than the national average. However, this number can be deceptive. There is a great deal of variation in costs between different colleges in North Dakota. For example, an undergraduate education at Jamestown College, the state’s most expensive school, costs in the range of $16,006 per year. On the other hand, a degree from North Dakota's least expensive school, Cankdeska Cikana Community College, costs closer to $2,480 per year.

Student Completion, Graduation and Retention Rates

On average, 25,315 students graduate from degree and certificate programs in North Dakota each year. In 2009, approximately 1 out of 2 students who started college in North Dakota graduated. And out of every 10 students who started their first year of an undergraduate degree 7 actually returned to study their second year. This means that if you enroll in a North Dakota school for your undergraduate degree, there is a 66% chance that you will return to school the following year and 34% chance that you will graduate after 4-6 years.

This Page is Useful for Those Seeking the Following:

  • Degree in North Dakota
  • Certificate in North Dakota
  • Associates Degree in North Dakota
  • Bachelors Degree in North Dakota
  • Masters Degree in North Dakota
  • PhD Degree in North Dakota
  • Classes in North Dakota
  • Courses in North Dakota
  • Training in North Dakota

Subjects  
 
 
Where do we get our facts?

Loading...

Loading...

Start Here To Find Your School

Current Listings

OnlineKaplan University SealKaplan UniversityMore Info
  1. 1North Dakota State University-Main Campus

    Address:
    1301 12th Avenue North, Fargo, North Dakota 58108-6050

    Awards Offered:
    Less than 1 year certificate
    Bachelor's degree
    Postbaccalaureate certificate
    Master's degree

  2. 2North Dakota State University-Main CampusNorth Dakota State University-Main Campus

    Address:
    1301 12th Avenue North, Fargo, North Dakota 58108-6050

    Awards Offered:
    Less than 1 year certificate
    Bachelor's degree
    Postbaccalaureate certificate
    Master's degree

  3. 3University of North DakotaUniversity of North Dakota

    Address:
    Grand Forks, North Dakota 58202-8193

    Awards Offered:
    Less than 1 year certificate
    1-2 years certificate
    Bachelor's degree
    Postbaccalaureate certificate
    Master's degree
    Post-master's certificate

  4. 4Bismarck State CollegeBismarck State College

    Address:
    1500 Edwards Ave, Bismarck, North Dakota 58506-5587

    Awards Offered:
    Less than 1 year certificate
    1-2 years certificate
    Associate's degree
    Bachelor's degree

  5. 5Minot State University

    Address:
    500 University Ave W, Minot, North Dakota 58707

    Awards Offered:
    1-2 years certificate
    Associate's degree
    Bachelor's degree
    Master's degree
    Post-master's certificate

  6. 6University of MaryUniversity of Mary

    Address:
    7500 University Dr, Bismarck, North Dakota 58504

    Awards Offered:
    Associate's degree
    Bachelor's degree
    Postbaccalaureate certificate
    Master's degree
    Post-master's certificate

  7. 7Dickinson State UniversityDickinson State University

    Address:
    291 Campus Drive, Dickinson, North Dakota 58601-4896

    Awards Offered:
    Less than 1 year certificate
    1-2 years certificate
    Associate's degree
    Bachelor's degree

  8. 8North Dakota State College of ScienceNorth Dakota State College of Science

    Address:
    800 N 6th St, Wahpeton, North Dakota 58076

    Awards Offered:
    Less than 1 year certificate
    1-2 years certificate
    Associate's degree

  9. 9Rasmussen College-North DakotaRasmussen College-North Dakota

    Address:
    4012 19th Avenue SW, Fargo, North Dakota 58103-7196

    Awards Offered:
    Less than 1 year certificate
    1-2 years certificate
    Associate's degree
    Bachelor's degree

  10. 10Lake Region State CollegeLake Region State College

    Address:
    1801 College Dr N, Devils Lake, North Dakota 58301-1598

    Awards Offered:
    Less than 1 year certificate
    1-2 years certificate
    Associate's degree

  11. 11Valley City State UniversityValley City State University

    Address:
    101 College St SW, Valley City, North Dakota 58072

    Awards Offered:
    Bachelor's degree
    Master's degree

  12. 12Turtle Mountain Community CollegeTurtle Mountain Community College

    Address:
    10145 BIA #7 North, Belcourt, North Dakota 58316

    Awards Offered:
    1-2 years certificate
    Associate's degree
    Bachelor's degree

  13. 13Jamestown CollegeJamestown College

    Address:
    608 6th St NE, Jamestown, North Dakota 58405

    Awards Offered:
    Bachelor's degree
    Master's degree

  14. 14Williston State CollegeWilliston State College

    Address:
    1410 University Ave, Williston, North Dakota 58801-1326

    Awards Offered:
    Less than 1 year certificate
    1-2 years certificate
    Associate's degree
    2-4 years certificate

  15. 15Mayville State UniversityMayville State University

    Address:
    330 Third Street NE, Mayville, North Dakota 58257-1299

    Awards Offered:
    Less than 1 year certificate
    Associate's degree
    Bachelor's degree

  16. 16Dakota College at Bottineau

    Address:
    105 Simrall Blvd, Bottineau, North Dakota 58318-1198

    Awards Offered:
    Less than 1 year certificate
    1-2 years certificate
    Associate's degree

  17. 17United Tribes Technical CollegeUnited Tribes Technical College

    Address:
    3315 University Dr, Bismarck, North Dakota 58504

    Awards Offered:
    1-2 years certificate
    Associate's degree

  18. 18Sitting Bull CollegeSitting Bull College

    Address:
    9299 Hwy 24, Fort Yates, North Dakota 58538-9721

    Awards Offered:
    Less than 1 year certificate
    1-2 years certificate
    Associate's degree
    Bachelor's degree

  19. 19Fort Berthold Community CollegeFort Berthold Community College

    Address:
    220 8th Ave. N, New Town, North Dakota 58763

    Awards Offered:
    Less than 1 year certificate
    1-2 years certificate
    Associate's degree

  20. 20Trinity Bible CollegeTrinity Bible College

    Address:
    50 6th Ave S, Ellendale, North Dakota 58436-7105

    Awards Offered:
    1-2 years certificate
    Associate's degree
    Bachelor's degree

  21. 21Cankdeska Cikana Community College

    Address:
    214 1st Ave, Fort Totten, North Dakota 58335

    Awards Offered:
    1-2 years certificate
    Associate's degree

  22. 22Salon Professional AcademySalon Professional Academy

    Address:
    4377 15th Ave South, Fargo, North Dakota 58103

    Awards Offered:
    Less than 1 year certificate
    1-2 years certificate
    2-4 years certificate

  23. 23Josef's School of Hair Design IncJosef's School of Hair Design Inc

    Address:
    627 Northern Pacific Avenue, Fargo, North Dakota 58102

    Awards Offered:
    2-4 years certificate

  24. 24Medcenter One College of NursingMedcenter One College of Nursing

    Address:
    512 N 7th St, Bismarck, North Dakota 58501-4425

    Awards Offered:
    Bachelor's degree

  25. 25The Hair AcademyThe Hair Academy

    Address:
    2101 East Broadway Avenue, Bismarck, North Dakota 58501

    Awards Offered:
    2-4 years certificate

  26. 26JZ Trend Academy Paul Mitchell Partner SchoolJZ Trend Academy Paul Mitchell Partner School

    Address:
    1320 Tacoma Avenue, Bismarck, North Dakota 58504

    Awards Offered:
    Less than 1 year certificate
    2-4 years certificate

  27. 27Headquarters Academy of Hair Design IncHeadquarters Academy of Hair Design Inc

    Address:
    108 S Main St, Minot, North Dakota 58701-3914

    Awards Offered:
    2-4 years certificate

  28. 28Josef's School of Hair Design IncJosef's School of Hair Design Inc

    Address:
    2011 S Washington St, Grand Forks, North Dakota 58201

    Awards Offered:
    Less than 1 year certificate
    2-4 years certificate

  29. 29Josef's School of Hair Design IncJosef's School of Hair Design Inc

    Address:
    4501 15th Avenue SW, Fargo, North Dakota 58103

    Awards Offered:
    Less than 1 year certificate
    2-4 years certificate

  30. 30Moler Barber College

    Address:
    16 S Eighth St, Fargo, North Dakota 58103-1805

    Awards Offered:
    1-2 years certificate

Staticmap?size=591x321&maptype=roadmap&sensor=false&markers=shadow:false%7cicon%3ahttp%3a%2f%2fwww.hackcollege.com%2fschool-finder%2fimages%2fmap-pin.png%7c%2c%7c46.8909%2c-96.8075%7c47.9208%2c-97.0773%7c46.8207%2c-100.815%7c48.2451%2c-101.302%7c46.7231%2c-100.747%7c46.8819%2c-102.8%7c46.2715%2c-96.6082%7c46.8489%2c-96.8487%7c48.1262%2c-98.8659%7c46.9193%2c-98.0028%7c48.8055%2c-99.7449%7c46.9032%2c-98.7006%7c48.1579%2c-103.615%7c47.5039%2c-97.3239%7c48.8308%2c-100.441%7c46.7687%2c-100.763%7c46.0884%2c-100.651%7c47.9815%2c-102.473%7c46.0019%2c-98.5202%7c47.98%2c-98.9929%7c46.8589%2c-96.8583%7c46.8876%2c-97.0509%7c46.8097%2c-100.782%7c46.8062%2c-100.76%7c46.8061%2c-100.786%7c48.2356%2c-101.293%7c47.9003%2c-97.0446%7c46.875947%2c-96.789055%7c46.8739%2c-96