General Information About American School of Technology
AST is accredited by the Ohio State Board of Career Colleges and Schools, the U.S. Department of Education, the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC) and the National Center for Construction Education and Research (NCCER). AST's medical assisting program is accredited by the Commission of Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (www.caahep.org) upon the recommendation of the curriculum review board of the American Association of Medical Assistants Endowment (AAMAE).
Institutional statistical data was gathered from the U.S. Department of Education - Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics, 2009-2010.
- 2-year, Private for-profit
Special Learning Opportunities
- Weekend/evening college
- Employment services for students
- Placement services for completers
- Institution does not accept dual, credit for life, or AP credits
- Not applicable
- Eligible students may receive Pell Grants and other federal aid (e.g. Direct Loans).
- Less than 1 year certificate
- 1-2 years certificate
- City: Large
Disability Services Student
- 3% or Less
Admission Total Applicants Full Time Retention Rate 69%
Student Demographics Total Enrolled 522 Native American 0 Asian 3 African American 340 Hispanic 11 Enrolled FullTime Undergraduates 231 Enrolled FullTime Graduates