General Information About Carousel Beauty College
1. Licensing We are licensed by the Ohio State Board of Cosmetology and one of the ACCREDITED beauty colleges in the Dayton, Kettering, Middletown, Springfield, Huber Heights, Fairborn, Piqua, and surrounding areas. We are accredited by the National Accrediting Commission of Cosmetology Arts & Sciences. We are approved by the U.S. Department of Education and authorized to offer our students financial aid plus tax credits. (Be sure to speak with your tax preparer about the Hope Tax Credit.) 2. Stability Carousel Beauty Colleges, with five locations, is the largest in the area. We are not a franchise paying for someone else's ideas in training methods. We utilize original methods and proven teaching techniques which can only result from 50 successful years of experience. Our curriculum is updated constantly to meet the growing and ever changing beauty industry. 3. Passing the State Exam We have more graduates passing the state exam than any other beauty college in the Dayton and surrounding area. Feel free to contact the Ohio State Board of Cosmetology to discuss our success rate with them at (614) 466-3834. 4. Guaranteed Passing We guarantee our graduates will pass the state exam or additional training will be provided by Carousel at no additional charge! 5. Staff Our staff has an average of 10 to 20 years salon experience and an average of 5 to 15 years teaching experience. Because we are an ACCREDITED college, our staff receives a minimum of 12 hours of continued education each year in advanced technology and teaching methodology. All of this experience is shared with our students! 6. Training Supplies Each student receives an extensive cosmetology or nail technology kit fully equipped with everything they need to begin their course training and more. Carousel uses the most up-to-date Milady textbooks to train our students in the basics and salon skills. 7. Student Turnover We train hundreds of students every year. As an ACCREDITED college, our standards in academics and attendance remain high. Not every student can meet these standards and we must transfer these students to other local colleges. Unfortunately, we only accept a few transfer students from other colleges. If you are interested in transferring to our college, please contact the admissions office to discuss availability. 8. Reputation It's hard to compete with Carousel's 50 years of educational excellence! We have placed more graduates in more salons in the Dayton and surrounding areas than any other beauty college. When surveyed several times a year, salons tell us how pleased they are with our graduate's skill level, professionalism, work ethic and attitude. Many salon owners and managers are our graduates! Feel free to contact the salons on our salon list and talk with them about hiring Carousel graduates. 9. Lifetime Job Placement Assistance Our students are provided with classes in résumé writing, job interviewing, hiring, etc. Our staff will help you arrange interviews at the salon(s) of your choice. 10. Advanced Training Our students receive the training they need to pass the state exam, they receive advanced training in haircutting, perming, color, nails, and more. On an ongoing basis, we update our training to keep up with the industry trends and prepare our students for today's contemporary salon.
Institutional statistical data was gathered from the U.S. Department of Education - Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics.
- 2-year, Private for-profit
Special Learning Opportunities
- Academic/career counseling service
- Placement services for completers
- Institution does not accept dual, credit for life, or AP credits
- Not applicable
- Eligible students may receive Pell Grants and other federal aid (e.g. Direct Loans).
- Less than 1 year certificate
- 1-2 years certificate
- 2-4 years certificate
- City: Midsize
Disability Services Student
- 3% or Less
Tuition & Fees 09-10 Tuition & Fees $0 Room & Board Charge $0 Books & Supplies Cost
Student Demographics Total Enrolled 50 Native American 0 Asian 1 African American 41 Hispanic 1 Enrolled FullTime Undergraduates 29 Enrolled FullTime Graduates